Saturday, October 9, 2010

Vietnamese Sandwiches

So a couple days ago, I found this Vietnamese sandwich shop about ~30 minutes away from my house. Even though it's that far, I found it to be worth it. There were tons of Vietnamese sandwich shops where i used to live, so I was missing the taste. What makes Vietnamese sandwiches different than normal sandwiches, you say?
LOOK AT THAT, IT IS DELICIOUS. Just a sandwich with more vegetables in it, but it's great. (and cheap). Well not as cheap here, if you live in California though, it's common to see these in certain areas along with froyo (frozen yogurt) places and Tapioca drink shops.

It sounds weird if you haven't tried it, but Avocado smoothies are the best things ever. I highly reccomend them, despite how weird it sounds. I never get a positive reaction when i tell someone about avacado smoothies. Ever.
It's delicious though! I'm so deprived here. All the Vietnamese and good Asian food is so far away ;_; I find it funny, everyone I knew back home was Asian, and you go farther into the middle of the US and they all disappear.  During history class instead of Asians they call them "oritentals". I stifled my laughter hard. You don't see any black people here either. I think I've seen about 5 black people and I've been here around 4 months.

Anyway, I'm sorry but if your going to try tapioca drinks, Strawberry is probably the worst choice. I love normal strawberries, don't get me wrong, but strawberry boba is gross.

39 comments:

  1. Never liked those smoothies, but that samich looks bomb ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those sandwiches do look delicious.
    But I don't know about the avocado smoothie. ;_;

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lollicup, that's a funny name for a drink! I would try the avacado smoothie it doesn't sound too bad :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry but, green apple is the best for boba. Or just stick with some good ol milk tea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with green apple being the best. I eat avocados raw, with savory food. I don't want to eat them in smoothies.

    >You don't see any black people here either. I think I've seen about 5 black people and I've been here around 4 months.

    Oh, how I envy you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love viet sandwiches! banh mi thit nguoi is my favorite! (:

    ReplyDelete
  7. There aren't any really great local restaurants here, so congrats on finding one.

    Loads of Asians in Florida, for some reason. Loads of other minorities too, actually. If you're really missing them I suppose you could borrow a few of ours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. this post made me open my eyes and stop squinting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I live in a pretty big city so there's plenty of Vietnamese shops around. Feels good man.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I keep wondering what's in a Vietnamese sandwitch. I should get one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Never eaten Vietnamese.

    I agree with Pandor42, stick with some delicious milk tea.

    Regardless, interesting stuff on your blog as a whole. Followed.

    ReplyDelete
  12. you've got a great point on this one

    ReplyDelete
  13. i live in vancouver
    there are asian people everywhere
    this is good though, as i love sake and bbt

    ReplyDelete
  14. a viet sandwich with bbq pork is something I wouldn't mind having to eat every day

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks awesome. I can't ever find any Vietnamese restaurants where I live. Epic bummer.

    ReplyDelete
  16. glad 2 hear that!

    btw. your Vietnamese Sandwiches looks so gooooood... nom nom nom!

    ReplyDelete
  17. >Vietnamese Sandwiches
    ... b-but ... that looks more like a french baguette!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Mm.. I could really go for one of those right now. nom nom.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those sandwiches are looking pretty tasty :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sandwiches look okay but that drink looks nasty.

    ReplyDelete
  21. awesome post, bro! waiting for MOAR

    ReplyDelete
  22. I want a vietnamese sandwich soooo bad. Mail me one? xD

    ReplyDelete
  23. the sandwich really looks tasty!

    the avocados on the other hand is really tasty food! it doesn't matter what you make with them, they will still taste great.

    ReplyDelete
  24. them some good looking sammiches

    ReplyDelete
  25. banh mi are delicious as hell.

    ReplyDelete
  26. i heard calling them oriental is racist =/

    ReplyDelete
  27. bluebery smothies are my faves. smoothies in general are decenlty awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Those sandwiches look good.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Just made me hungry...damn gotta go grab some food now :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. I just made a sandwich after seeing those bad boys @_@

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hahahaha you would Scarlet. <3 I love you, you're so cute!

    ReplyDelete